A very negative attitude of life, procrastination is the act of delaying or postponing any job or work or project or asset of assigned tasks. This negative attitude might be a very serious mental health complication.
Neurologists say that broadly there are four main types of procrastinators and the thing common amongst them is they are very lazy.
Here are a few tips to stop procrastinating.
1. Try to forget that you procrastinated earlier. Not reminding yourself that you were a procrastinator and trying to start things afresh would be great.
2. Stay fully committed to the task you have taken. Focus completely on the task at hand and zone yourself out from any such distractions that might force you to procrastinate.
3. Reward yourself after you complete the task. Set a reward for yourself after you reach your goal or finish the task in the given time.
4. Stop all acts of mental distractions. Stay in a productive mental space away from all sorts of distractions and deviations.
5. Act as your boss and work in strict accordance. Do not let yourself go while in the middle of a project and be strict with your inner self.
6. Acknowledge that you are procrastinating. The first step towards stopping procrastination is acknowledging the fact that you are a procrastinator.
7. Stop being lazy. Rule one of Anti-Procrastination, no more laziness.
8. Adopt pro-working and anti-procrastination strategies. Formulate your daily plan in such a way that forces you to stop procrastinating and become more active.
9. Always keep a things-to-do list ready. A to-do list also comes in handy whenever you try to sneak out of the schedule or if you are forgetful.
10. Strictly follow the deadlines. Treat deadlines as the ultimate boss. To be ahead of it, give yourself a head start and try to always be ahead of the deadline.
11. Prioritize your jobs. Whatever jobs you have should be done or taken care of in descending order of priority, get things clear in your head.
12. Be a master of project implementation and planning. Utilize your time smartly and plan things. Create time slots and fill them up with the necessary tasks at hand.
13. Have time-bound goals. Set your goals in such a way that they feel like a race against time, and have fun while winning that race.
14. Strictly follow the theories and practices of time management. The better you get at managing your time, the better your work life will get.
15. Set smaller targets to achieve the goals. Break down your big goals into smaller targets and throw them in time slots for yourself. Achieve those targets one step at a time, and you’ll reach the goal in no time.
16. Change the working environment sometimes. A change in the working environment once in a while makes you feel fresh and become more productive than you previously were.
17. Always work with a time-specific deadline. A time-driven deadline always keeps you on your toes, leaving no time for procrastination.
18. Identify the procrastination points. Observe yourself over a while and note down the point or things that make you procrastinate, and then work on a solution.
19. Surround yourself with positive people. Keep your circle limited to positive people only who motivate you to achieve your goals and stop you from procrastinating.
20. Have a strong bond with a dear friend. Having a friend who always strictly reminds you not to give in to the process of procrastination is very important.
21. Discuss your goals with positive people. Have a conversation with the people around you about your long- and short-term goals.
22. Talk regularly to achievers to attain your goal. Take inspiration from people who have already made it big and achieved their goals in life and learn from them.
23. Reset your goals if need be. Assess your current goals again, if need be, and make new ones if they seem unrealistic.
24. Try not to complicate things. Try to keep things as simple and possible; complications only make things worse.
25. Try to take a grip on the entire project. Try to have a three-sixty-degree view of the entire project to come up with the best plan.
26. Be fully motivated. Be motivated at all times to avoid any wastage of time.
27. Give yourself a punishment if you don’t finish your job. Set small but effective punishments for yourself should you fail the deadline and take it seriously.
28. Don’t lose precious time. Make good use of the time in hand and focus more on being productive.
29. Do not blow away the best opportunities. Always be prepared for the opportunity to knock and grab it with open arms when it arrives.
30. Increase your motivational level. Keep your motivation levels high at all times.
31. Think that delay might ruin your career. Treat a delay as a failure and create a mindset that detests failing, always have a winner mentality.
32. Don’t lower your self-esteem under any circumstances. No matter what the situation, no matter how low you are feeling, don’t ever let your self-esteem fall low.
33. Stop avoiding poor decisions. Try to make smart and active decisions in life, which will bring you a step closer to your final goal. Think before you speak or do.
34. Think that your reputation is at stake. Treat every project as if your name is associated with it, and your failure will stain your reputation.
35. Realize that you may develop serious health issues. Procrastination not only brings you down mentally but harms you if followed over a serious amount of time. One more reason to stop procrastinating.
36. Get into your head that the job is urgent. Remind yourself time, and again that job you’re working on is urgent and should be completed as soon as possible irrespective of the deadline.
37. Don’t have confusion in the projects being handled. Be very clear about the projects in hand and don’t create any unnecessary confusion.
38. Do not be afraid of failure. Failures are the best teachers; success doesn’t teach you much.
39. Try to work confidently under pressure. Train yourself to handle pressure better and not be confident in doing so. It is a great skill to possess.
40. Get fully involved with the work. Invest yourself completely in the project and keep all distractions to the side.
41. Stay connected with professional people. Always be in touch with the professionals for insights and useful inputs.
42. Must do self-commitment of the jobs. Commit yourself to the job without any motivation from the third party.
43. Work with short term and long-term goals. Keep your short-term goals in front of your eyes and your long-term goals at the back of your head.
44. Fantasize that you have completed the most difficult works. Have visuals in your head about the feeling that you will experience on the completion of the most difficult job possible.
45. Change the working procedures if necessary. Mix and match different working processes to see what works for you or what’s best for you.
46. Sketch out the minutest details of the job. Always be specific with your work and pay great attention to detail.
47. Believe in the phrase — now or never. Now is the moment in which you perform and shine. Live in the present.
48. Don’t go for an impossible target. Set realistic targets for yourself, and don’t get them mixed up with your desires. Be very practical with your decisions.
49. Be full of energy always. Keep your energy levels high at all times. Stay positive and hydrated.
50. Always measure the progress backward. Measure your success by looking back on the journey that you have had for reaching that place.
51. Stop thinking that nothing is better. Stop staying in a state of inertia; there will always be better things and better situations only if you are willing to work for it.
52. Try to identify the macro goals. Have clarity about what you want from life, have materialistic goals that drive you to achieve your targets.
53. Be very clear on the actions to be taken. Take well-thought decisions that you will never regret.
54. Try to focus on the most important jobs. More important projects should take priority over less important jobs.
55. Do not overstress yourself while doing the tasks. Do not waste time stressing when you are working; focus only on the job, and the stress will go away on its own.
56. Believe fully in your abilities. Never lose faith in yourself or your abilities to complete your tasks. Never lose motivation.
57. Do the most difficult tasks first. Make it a habit to do the most difficult jobs first; a tough start makes the rest of the journey feel like a walk in the park.
58. Make a set of lists that aren’t completed yet. Have a list ready of things that are yet to be done, and keep that image in front of you. You will subconsciously want to finish the tasks if you make a list.
59. Don’t worry, no one is fully perfect. No one in the world is perfect. All of us have vices and things that pull us back. Focus on what you’re good at and become the absolute best in it.
60. Have a positive working atmosphere. Work towards building a positive workspace. Inculcate habits like healthy competition and a clean work table.
61. Tell your relatives that you are working on. Keep the people around you informed about the things you are working on. It makes them happy plus motivates you to finish things on time.
62. Focus on just now only. Focus on what’s there in front of you in the present moment instead of thinking about what was there or what will be. You have no control over the past or the future.
63. Think that tomorrow is not in your dictionary. Remove the word tomorrow or later from your dictionary, do it now.
64. Do both mental wells as physical exercises. Your mental health matters as much your physical health. Both are as important as two wings of a word.
65. Eat nutritious food and avoid junk foods. Try to avoid junk food as much as possible. Eat as healthy as possible so that you can live healthily.
66. Once in a while, take a short break. It is completely fine to take a break once in a while as long as the break does not get you back into the habit of procrastination.
67. Try to avoid too much hanging around with a cell phone. Make a habit of using your phone only when necessary and only for productive purposes.
68. Get up early in the morning. Make it a habit to be an early riser. It makes you feel fresh, activates your senses, and simply allows you to have more time in the day.
69. Do not overthink failures. Always learn from your failures but don’t dwell on them. You can’t change what has already happened; learn, and move on.
70. Take life as it comes — heavens will not fall. Don’t take life or yourself too seriously.
71. Take a firm belief — Yes, I will do it. Be a firm believer in doing things instead of just thinking about them. Be a Doer.
72. Take into account the macro picture. Whenever doing a job or taking any decision, always have clarity about the bigger picture in play and the role you play in it.
73. Please note You are worth it. No matter how low you feel, no matter how pointless things seem, always tell yourself that you are worth every bit of it, and it is all your hard work.
74. Believe in your higher energy levels.
75. Believe that you have lots of positive friends. Remind yourself about the positive people in your life who would like to see you succeed and reach great places in life.
76. Be caring and believe in others. Take care of the people important to you and care about you. Believe in them to be there with you in thick and thin.
77. Be careful with your words. Be very choosy with your words. Make sure there is a little difference as possible between the things that come out of your mouth and the things that you want to put across.
78. Make proper scheduling and routine of your works. Have a tight and disciplined schedule and make sure there are no delays.
79. Enjoy every positive step that you come across. Enjoy the process, celebrate the positivity in your life.
80. Do at least one thing right now from your pending list. Your pending should always have one item less than the last time whenever you look at it.
81. Update the priority list daily. Your work priorities keep changing daily; make sure to keep your list updated and stay on schedule.
82. Never mind, even if you are wrong. All of us make mistakes at some point in our lives, acknowledge if you ever go wrong and make an effort to rectify it is possible.
83. Talk to people if you need their help. Get help if you ever need it.
84. Do your best but also mentally prepare for the worst. It is good to be hopeful, but you should never let your spirits go down if things don’t work out as expected.
85. Simply forget postponing. Forget that the term postponing exists; get it out of your system completely.
86. Just do it in five minutes. Don’t delay things every five minutes. If you can do it after five minutes, you surely can do it now, start now.
87. Remember getting bored and frustrated are things of the past. Being bored with work or being frustrated with the workload is no more an option. If you don’t do it, somebody will, and you will lose out.
88. Keep in mind you don’t lack anything. There is nothing that is missing from you. You have everything that you inside have hidden all inside of you. Unlock your potential and start doing things you were always meant to do.
89. Nothing is difficult. A task is as difficult as you assess it to be.
90. Think about your better future. Always work towards a better future for yourself and the people around you.
91. Never believe in tomorrow — today, the work must be done. If it can be done tomorrow, it can be done today. Start early, finish fast.
92. Don’t think, just act. Think before you act but don’t just keep thinking.
93. You never know what is in store for you tomorrow. There will always be a new day tomorrow.
94. Take the first step —- now. Get on a good start; the first steps are very important.
95. The easier jobs can be tackled later on. Leave the easy part for the last; handle the tough part first.
96. Take a decision; it might be right or wrong but take it. Take a decision and hope for the best.
97. Face any eventuality. Be prepared for any possible outcome or events.
98. Don’t leave the job halfway. When you take up a responsibility, see it to the end, never leave anything midway.
99. Get set and pinpoint your emotion. You should have complete control over your emotions to always come up with the best possible plan or solution.
100. Don’t let emotions take over you. Emotions can prove to be your worst enemies if you do not keep them in check.
- None Found