Blogging is all about passion customized with the goodness of hard work, creativity, and perfection. It basically includes presenting your thoughts, ideas on any topic you wish. It isn’t that easy as you feel, but at the same time, it isn’t that tough you consider.
If you are a newbie in writing or facing difficulty in writing here is a little guide where you can seek help from –
How To Create Your Blog
- The first most important tip is to decide a topic. It would help if you only went for the topic that interests you or topics that you are well aware of.
- If you are not willing to write on any topic belonging to the above suggestions, you are your thoughts on which you are willing to research or read.
- You can decide the heading later, but you shall be transparent with the topic and what kind of content you want to include in your blog.
- Create rough content on a page. It is an outline. You do not have to describe anything here. You just have to briefly write points, subpoints, headings, subheadings, on which you shall frame sentences later. It is just a skeleton without the mass.
- Confirm the existence of all the facts if you are writing or seeking help from somewhere.
- Plan your content. Divide the entire content into points. It is generally believed -reading points is way more convenient than long paragraphs.
- While writing your blog, make sure to never copy your content from any website. Plagiarism should always be avoided while writing a blog.
- If you cannot break it down into bullets, then create mid-length paragraphs with suitable subheadings. This way, the reader can directly jump into topics they wish to read or are concerned with.
- Avoid adding any click baits. It can attract an audience once but lose them from next time. Do not fool them, or you will be left befooled. Remember, the audience is smart enough to catch this.
- All points should include the exact meaning. It should be concise and meaningful. People do not come on blog posts to pass their time or do the casual reading. They prefer well justified and specific reads.
- If possible, try to maintain all the points symmetrical, like having 1 or 2 lines in each or any length of paragraph you wish to maintain.
- Do not overburden your bullet with loads of information. It is a point, not a paragraph.
- There are various tools like -EMV heading analyzer. This tool analyzes your title’s emotional value; 1stItWP’s headline analyzer tool gives you tips to improve your headlines.
- Do wise research while you are writing. You may skip any low point or any point on which you were capable of posting your views.
- You should also see what the audience really wants. It would be best if you were not guessing their demands but actually going with given statistics.
- There are millions of data-based research available online to make it easy for you. Examples are Quora, SEM Rush, and many more.
- You can also put your social handles in use by polling or asking their views on statuses and stories.
- Heading is one of the essential and most challenging things to do. It should be catchy, unique, and attractive but also simple to understand.
- Do not draft a heading that is not understandable by ordinary people. It can create a dilemma within people about the content, and they can pass by your blog. It should also be related to the kind of content you are working on. In the rush of creating something unique, don’t waver too much.
- If you are writing for a company, afford some time to add a logo. It will remind blog readers about you and your previous content. Present a well put on “About Page.” Include everything that can help you to achieve your companies dream. It shall be useful in all it is away.
- Try adopting the descriptive and straightforward language. Most people reading your posts are ordinary people or people who want to hire you for their channel. It should be very convenient for other parties to make meaning out of it.
- Do not add in too complicated phrases, words. You need to understand that nobody likes to open the dictionary to understand all the dialogues. You can use it once a while to showcase your good vocab but avoid adding it everywhere.
- If you want to start your log with no money to invest, WordPress is the best platfom for you.
- Keep yourself in the shoes of you readers, then write. Do not elaborate on a topic too much. Provide useful and practical advice. Some points are self-explanatory, do not try to overwhelm them by explaining it too.
- Try using pictures in your post. Generally, it is believed that pictorial representation seeks more attention than text-based. Add in images that are captivating. It will definitely attract more audience.
- If you start your blog in WordPress, you can customize your homepage with different themes provided by WordPress only.
- Give credit to the original sources of your image. If possible, it is adding images that consist of proper alt tags. It is beneficial in terms of image SEO.
- You can use various graphs, flowcharts to decrease your content better. These methods are not only easy to explain but also easy to understand. Hence it proves to be beneficial for both parties.
- You can also add certain memes, jokes, or funky stuff to create a festive mood if your blog is related to it. Try modifying the latest or trending memes bombarding across the webpages.
- Find a perfect domain for your blog post.
- Avoid writing the entire post in one sitting. This way, your brain can drain out much of its valuable inputs in the first few hours. Take multiple sitting to let the fresh idea flow.
- Choose a well-ventilated place to write. If possible, take a break after every sitting. Take fresh air, fill your tummy with something good, and then write. This can boost your energy and mind.
- Avoid repetition. Nobody likes to read the same length of texts again and again. It becomes monotonous for the market. It also shows your lack of knowledge on the topic.
- If you want to create a blog as a portfolio, it is highly recommended to use Medium.com.
- Edit it before confirming the post. Correct all the required grammatical phrases. If you cannot do it by yourself, seek help from someone learned or any apps. Various s apps provide you a free trial or access with some limitation without a premium version.
- You should make sure that you have corrected all the spelling mistakes before posting.
- There should not be the usage of any awkward word that you aren’t sure of it’ use. It can create a double meaning and ruin your hard work.
- Format your text wisely. Make wise preference of the features of “Bold, Italics, Underlines” to give the reader a better reading experience.
- Read it a lot of times. Change any line that sounds absurd to you. You can ask your friends to read and give their feedbacks. Work on all the constructive criticisms.
- While reading, analyze if you can absorb all the given info available or face difficulty doing it. If the latter stands true, do not be afraid to cut; modify accordingly.
- You should feel excited while you write or read, then only you can expect your audience to feel the same when they will read your context.
- Balance in SEO. You should add a proper media title, meta description.
- If you fail to add a meta description, then search engines mostly use your text’s first few lines, which might look disgusting.
- Do not forget to limit your SEO title to 60 characters.
- Try figuring and adding keywords. They are critical to attracting an audience. You need to add those keywords that receive maximum focus.
- At the same time, don’t overload your blog with too many keywords. It should look raw and authentic.
- If you fail to add keywords by yourself, then take help from the most favorite and dearest “GOOGLE.” You just have to scroll down and look for related searches.
- You can also associate links within your web page. The links will act as backlink which will divert your readers to another website.
- At last, you can ask the people to position their honest feedbacks at the end. Try solving negative feedbacks in your upcoming posts.
- Interlink your recent blog post with some of your previous successful articles. In this way, if they liked your current post, then they might fell in love with the previous. Also, these tactics work uniquely for SEO.
- Add external links to your piece of content. If your audience wishes to read it more in detail, they can access it. However, make sure that they open in new tabs, or they will move to others at the expense of yours. Hence it will increase your bounce rate.
- Don’t forget to categorize your posts. Avoid adding irrelevant tags to your post. They are not going to add any good to your lively post.
50. Before finally publishing, you can seek access to the “Pre-Publish Post Checklist” if you were using WordPress. Here you can strike off all from the checklist and verify all things done adequately done or not.
- None Found
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.