Buying a laptop is never easy; it creates a lot of confusion as there are so many options available in the recent market. The device helps you with day to day activities and also with your work stuffs, thus buying the perfect one is much important.
how To Buy A Perfect Laptop
1. Kind of platform – windows Or mac – first of all, decide the type of platform or operating system you are comfortable using. There are mc, windows operating systems available, which makes it tough to choose.
2. Windows version- make sure you use the updated version of windows before buying research about the latest version of windows and decide what’s best for you.
3. RAM – random access memory depends on the type of work you have 4 GB is ideal; as it is already present on the laptop, make sure you are transparent with it.
4. ROM- read-only memory. Check the RAM, what type it is and what’s its speed which is measured in MHz and mentioned on RAM’s label get the same kind of RAM with the same rate as any brand, says Kingston, Transcend, Hynix, Corsair, etc. various options are available.
5. Graphic card- graphic cards are mainly for gaming laptops or laptops which are used in high editing; thus, if you are into gaming or editing, make sure you have the latest graphic card available in the market.
6. Screen size- 13 – 14 inches is the ideal size for the screen, as it can be easy to fit and carry and can be easy to work anywhere in your comfort zone.
7. Battery life- the battery life is the most important criteria as most of the work done is based on battery life; the higher the battery life, the better your laptop is.
8. 2 in 1 – there are laptops available in the market which can become a tablet and work as a laptop too, look at the different features they are offering before buying it.
9. The laptop’s weight is the most critical factor, and if you have to carry your computer to work daily, make sure it is lightweight as they are easy to carry and handle.
10. Keypad or touchpad- laptops available in the market have options in touchscreen and keypad. Look at the opportunities you feel comfortable with and get the extra features as it is a lot of money to invest in long-term goals.
11. CPU generation- processor or CPU is the brain of the computer. The faster the brain works, the more responsive the body is. In the same way, the quicker the processor is, the quicker your apps and software will work, thus keep yourself updated about the latest generations of CPU.
12. Hard drive- to install an operating system, a hard drive is needed, or for any program o software, a hard drive is required; thus, make sure you have a well-versed idea about the type of hard drive you will be needing.
13. Display – higher the pixel, more content you can fix in your screen; also, presentation plays a vital role in showing your work; thus, production should be of high resolution with great pixels.
14. Ports- the type and number of ports available are essential because you can easily connect your external devices without compromising your work quality.
15. Connectivity- connectivity is one of the most significant issues anyone face while working on the laptop; thus, it is essential to check the connectivity before making any decision.
16. DVD- although nowadays, there are very few people who use the DVDs but still look at the DVD port if available because you may never know what you need any time.
17. Budget- make your budget beforehand as it will help you not drain yourself financially and help you plan a good laptop in a minimum budget.
18. Brand- the brand plays an important role; thus, search about the brands available and research about which brand is giving you the best quality on a pocket-friendly budget.
19. Your amount of usage- look at the kind of work you will be doing, whether it’s of student use, professionally or casually, and then plan to buy the laptop accordingly.
20. The time you have to spend- estimate the amount of time you will be spending on the laptop so that you can plan to buy the accessories with it accordingly.
21. Seek suggestions from friends- ask for help from your friends, especially those who are in the fields of software and hardware.
22. Read the review online of your favorite brand. Whether you buy from Amazon or eBay, check the customer reviews, and get information about after purchase service.
23. Don’t rush- be patient. Wait for your ideal device to get launched and buy after a specific time.
24. Don’t blindly trust the salesperson- the salesperson will tell you what is best for you, but you have to use your brains to understand what needs are and what suits you the best.
25. Look for the accessories they are offering. If you are buying from the store, ask for rewards, such as hard drives or pen drives that they might give for free.
26. The heating problem, if any- most of the laptops show heating effects, making it challenging to work for long hours, thus resolving the issue beforehand.
27. Frequently, they need an update- most of the laptops need frequent updates leading to sometimes loss of Data; thus, clear this beforehand.
28. Whether they are giving free MS office or not. If not, purchase it from the official website since it is essential for professional work.
29. Online or offline- look where you are getting the maximum offers and a massive discount while purchasing the laptop.
30. If they have a nearby service center- the service center should within reach of your range so that when you have to go to a service center, you don’t think twice.
31. Replacement guarantee/warrantee- parts they will be replacing or changing make clear before buying it.
32. Previous laptop experience used-recall the background of the computer used previously and then took your decision.
33. Whether you want to assemble the different parts or buy it all together, few people buy the various features and then complete it; if you are one of them, you can go for this path.
34. Upgradability- whether it can be upgraded or not.
35. Quality of webcam- to attend the meetings, you need a high-quality webcam; thus, check the quality before buying it.
36. Speaker- check the speaker quality before buying and opt for the device only if the speakers are loud enough.
37. Make sure the software of the laptop is above Intel Core i5.
38. Media card- if you are a photographer, then you know the importance of a media card, thus be very clear about the type of uses.
39. Color- don’t be afraid to go for the color you want. Let people criticize your favorite color, but always go with your choice.
40. The back case readily available- Make sure that you buy a back issue for your laptop to protect it from any damage.
41. Speed- speed should be high to cover the maximum work. Go for 8th gen or 9th gen laptops for better acceleration.
42. Time takes to get charged- so that you know how many hours you need before you start working.
43. Wi-Fi card- Opt for this option so that upcoming generations can get the benefit too.
44. A version of the software it has- if they are updated or not, how long can they be used.
45. Antivirus supports- so that your laptop is well protected from the attack of internal and external viruses.
46. LED lighting keypad- if you have to work during the nights, then a lightning keypad is the best option for you to go ahead with.
47. Whether you can attach a mouse- if you have to work long hours, then using the laptop’s mouse can be stressful; thus, it is better to connect the mouse to make the work easier.
48. Do your research- the type of brand you need, the kind of work you have, the kind of software you have to use, and the amount of time you have to spend. Be very clear with that so that you know your options.
49. Ask a friend about their experience of different brands- ask them about their experience and what they suggest, and based on that, make your decision and learn from their mistakes.
50. Don’t Over budget yourself- don’t burn a hole in your pocket while buying a laptop as it is a widespread but dangerous practice.
51. Is your old laptop too torn to be used- whether you need a computer or are you just bored with your old laptop, and they both are two different things.
52. How frequently you have to travel while carrying it- Buy a lighter-weight device if you are a traveler.
53. Your laptop work can be done by notepad- if yes, then try to go for the pad as it won’t affect your budget, and your work will be done.
54. For how many years you don’t have to change it again- because you cannot spend thousands of rupees every year.
55. Parts used are original- because sometimes they replace the original parts.
56. Some of the latest laptops are 360 degree convertable. Always opt for that variant since it helps in preparing powerpoint presentation.
57. Have proper documentation so that you have full access to their all service
58. What are the replaceable items- the items which can be replaced to make it more efficient in the future.
59. Memory drive can be used up to how many GBS? Opt for a minimum of 500 GB variant.
60. Is the screen flexible- so that you know if you can work on the screen which is adjustable or not?
61. Apps it can support- Install apps from windows store to make your laptop up to date.
62. How secure is it- Buy firewall protection from the store to make your laptop safe.
63. Kind of projects you will be working on- Always go for your preferred device, which will help you in your work, such as gaming, writing, or editing.
64. Minimum and maximum memory you need- Make sure your laptop’s minimum memory is 500 GB.
65. Components which are of no use for you- Don’t go for extra expenses, and avoid buying unnecessary appliances for your laptop.
66. Compare online, all the specifications of all brands, such as hard disk space, battery, screen size and many more.
67. Offers available if any- if any offer is available, how can avail it and its benefits
68. Pick up service if any- so that you don’t always have to run in case it gets damaged or doesn’t work.
69. Documents will be needed during availing guarantee and warrantee- so that you can see them safe and use when needed.
70. Protection on-screen- Install a screen protection for your laptop, which will protect it from any damage or fall.
71. How to save it during rains- Buy a laptop bag for your device, which should be waterproof.
72. If the heating problem exceeds what you can do- Don’t use your laptop for more than 7 hours straight, and avoid heating problems in a go.
73. Is EMI available – so that you don’t have to exhaust your savings in one go?
74. What’s more beneficial paying in one go or EMIs- If you have enough money with you while buying, make sure to avoid the EMI option in the store and pay at once.
75. How well it can fit in your bags- Buy a laptop of a suitable size. Recommended since it is between 13 inches to 15 inches.
76. Insurance, if any, can be done. It will cover all the damages made to your laptop and will protect you from extra expenses.
77. The best option for payment methods is to pay the minimum amount and get the best product.
78. The resale value you can expect- don’t go into much detail. Just know if you can resale it or not.
79. Is transferring files without the internet easy – in the absence of the internet, how you can share the files.
80. Which information will be used while creating accounts- try not to share personal information’s
81. How well safe it is from hackers- Install antivirus just after the purchase. It will protect your device from viruses and hackers.
82. Back up option available in case of any mishaps- so that your data remain secure and you remain tension free.
83. Hang issues should not get hanged while working as it may slow down your work. Use CCleaner to refresh the memory of the laptop.
84. If you open too many tabs in one go, will it be an issue- because if you are a working professional, you cannot afford it?
85. Available charging points and electricity while using- look at the available electricity in your area so that you know how much time you will have to charge your laptop.
86. Wi-Fi connectivity in your area- if it can catch week signals or support 4G or 5G.
87. Quality of accessories you are getting- the headphones or any supplements you are getting should be of acceptable quality as bad quality leaves a bad taste.
88. Quality of the charger- wires should be safe from fires and don’t get affected easily.
89. Quality of Body of laptop- the laptop body should tough and light weights.
90. Make sure you have purchased the laptop’s insurance, which will protect it from any damage.
91. Free trials of MS office will help you understand the best versions available to you.
92. Can it support pirated windows in case of emergency- so that in case of emergency, you can use whatever resources available?
93. Some of the latest laptops of 8th gen support face recognition. It is advisable to buy the same variant if available.
94. Accounts well protected from hackers- because once hacked, everything will be over.
95. If your laptop does not support MS Office, buy the WPS Office package, which is more efficient and latest.
96. If any of your friends are already using your planned laptop, ask them how satisfied they are with the performance- ask them to review it for you as it will give you a more prominent and clear picture of things you are looking at.
97. Be very careful. Don’t fall in the trap of lucrative offers- offers can be lucrative, but they may not serve your purpose, be careful.
98. A brand can be a little expensive, but they are suitable for the long run- trust the more prominent brands as they are the ones with the most varieties and fewer lies.
99. Plan appropriately before you go and buy- broaden your search and be well versed with your needs.
100. Know your options – it is always best to know your options and explore them because you never what exciting thing you may get.
- None Found
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.